Minutes EM1 – Mar 27th 2023
Minutes from council meeting on Mar 27th 2023 7pm at Butlers Pantry
Present: Councillors – Helen Leone(Chair), Joyce Austin, Keith Austin, Barry Rooks(Parish Clerk), Jill Martin, Fiona Anderson, Emma Bailey.
1. Apologies. Council accepted apologies from Cllr Warner.
2. To receive declarations of interest in accordance with the Localism Act 2011 and to receive any applications for Dispensation. Members may make any declarations at this point but may also make them at any point during the meeting. None received
3. Appointment of vice chair. Cllr Barber submitted resignation. Council expressed thanks for his service and welcomed his continued involvement in Lea Festival. Cllr Fiona Anderson was duly elected and appointed as Vice Chair.
4. Options for finalising arrangements and financing of play park. S106 still not received from Rippon Homes. Council in contact with WLDC to pursue payment. Clerk to obtain quotes for Heras fencing. Council resolved to use CIL money to cover any shortfall once the S106 money has arrived. Costings and timelines to be itemised by Chair. Cllr Anderson to advertise need for volunteers to paint swings on Facebook to garner any response. Fencing requirement to be accurately measured to finalise quotes. Special edition of Lea Life to be written and circulated once commencement of work date agreed. Play park to be fully closed to the public.
To be held in closed session:
5. Lea & Roses Cricket Club. Clerk to contact environmental health at WLDC regarding the condition of the pavilion. WLDC to contact the cricket club regarding a removal date.
Proposed Dates for 2023 meetings:
24th April - LPC
15th May - LPC AGM
22nd May - Annual Parish Meeting
3rd July - LPC
21st Aug - LPC
25th Sept - LPC
6th Nov - LPC
18th Dec - LPC