This statement applies to content published on the www.leaparishcouncil.gov.uk domain.
This website is run by Lea Parish Council. It is designed to be used by as many people as possible. The text should be clear and simple to understand. You should be able to:
· zoom in up to 300% without problems
· navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
· navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
· use most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
How accessible this website is
Parts of this website are not fully accessible. For example:
· some document attachments are not clearly written
· some graphics and document attachments have poor colour contrast
· some images do not have good alternative text
· some buttons are not correctly identified
· some forms are not hosted on an accessible platform
· some error messages are not clearly associated with form controls
· many documents are in PDF, Excel or Word format and are not accessible
How to request content in an accessible format
If you need information in a different format contact us and tell us:
· the web address (URL) of the content
· your name and email address
· the format you need (for example, audio CD, braille, BSL or large print, accessible PDF)
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
If you find problems that are not listed on this page or you think we are not meeting accessibility requirements, contact us.
If you contact us with a complaint and you are not happy with our response contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Lea Parish Council is committed to making its websites accessible, as per the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
The content that is not accessible will be outlined below with details of:
· where it fails the success criteria
· planned dates for when issues will be fixed
Content that is not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
We will help content authors understand the requirements for captions and audio description for all new videos. This is related to WCAG 2.1A success criteria 1.2.2 (Captions (Prerecorded)) and 1.2.3 Audio Description or Media Alternative (Prerecorded).